So here I am. It's been a while since the last time I was here. Actually I still keep in touch with this blog from time to time to read other people's blog but not to write mine. I was thinking that no one reads my blog and therefore it won't bother any of my followers. But I was wrong. I just got a message from a follower telling me to update my blog. This is so embarrassing for me. I mean, I already have a blog and I have followers. The right thing to do is to keep updating the blog from time to time. It's a commitment right there. I'm so sorry for my selfishness and I will try my best to show some love to this blog by updating it in a timely manner.
I have no idea what to write. Since it is my long awaited return to the blog, I definitely need to write something really good you know. And maybe that is one reason why I've been away for quite a while. Just because I have nothing good to share with you guys. Okay that's a lie. Actually I have something that I can share perhaps. Just now, I was talking with my dad on Skype. We talked for about 2 hours. Yes, it is that long! When we talk, we can never stop. Things keep coming until one of us realized about how time has passed us by and finally we call it a day. But yeah, my relationship with my dad is really close. We can talk almost about anything; politics, religion, social, entertainment, sports, emotion, etc. You name it! There's almost no barrier.
We were talking about this one thing faced by the Muslims all over the world. Islam used to be strong and powerful until we nearly conquered 2/3 of the world. Cordoba in Spain was under our power, which was used to be under Christian's rule. On that time people all over the world were sending their children to study there. And when they graduated, they came home wearing "jubah" and other cloths that symbolizes Islam and they were proud about it. But what the hell happened to us now? We send our children to study to other western countries and we feel proud about it. This example is to show that Islam's position is getting more inferior, which is not right at all.
I know everyone of us realize about Islam being inferior. People can't see why Islam is the true religion. The Muslims can only talk proudly about the success history of Islam civilization, but they are all history. What about now? Anything significant? Nothing. Not a thing. But why? That's a big question to answer right there. The answer is simple. It's us. It's the Muslims. Point your finger on yourself.
When we looked at the prophet before Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him), we know that their people twisted the real revelation that Allah sent to them. In that case, they have been wronged at the fundamental level of the religion. The scriptures like Injeel and Torah were exploited. On the other hand, it doesn't happen to th Holy Quran since Allah protected it. This is the case that I want to highlight. Since they can't change the Quran, they change us. They change the way we live our lives from every kind of aspects. Political, economical, social, education, and everything else. This way of life is passed from generation to the next generation without us knowing that we are being indoctrinated.
So what now? We need to wake up! We need to revive what Islam has taught us to live our life just as how our Prophet (pbuh) brought Allah's Message since the beginning. Take an easy example: Muslims men are ordered to pray jamaah at every praying time at the masjid but then, the obligation doesn't seem to be important to us anymore. Since we are too busy with our study and work, we feel that it's okay even to pray alone. If Islam is to be important again, this needs to change. Another one is, we only pay attention to the "wajib" stuff simply because we were taught that "Oh buat yang wajib dapat pahala kalau tak buat dapat dosa", "Oh buat yang sunat dapat pahala tak buat tak dapat apa2", and until ke sudah la kita tak dapat apa-apa. There are many other things that we need to change.
So my friend, I hope this little note can help us to remind ourselves about what is our situation now and give us some thought whether we want to wake up or we don't want to. One thing that you always need to remember is that this life is a journey. We are the wayfarers. Our final destination is Al-Jannah or the Hell Fire. It is totally clear. Begin the change with the small things and move up to the big things. It is never easy.
We are blessed to be given the chance to be a Muslim. We are blessed to be given the chance to inherit what the Prophet (pbuh) left for us. And now is the critical moment for us to relive his teaching that has been long gone. If it's not us, who else?


2 comments:
(:
abah x de talk2 psl bakal menantu ke?...abg lak dh x sabar2 nk timang anak sedare nie...ha3
Post a Comment